GOD'S GIFT OF SALVATION - Friend, we live in a complicated world. Many times, it’s very difficult to determine what is real and what is simply another fraud or hoax. Our lives are busy, and we often find ourselves tired, confused, and wishing there were something more to live for. Thankfully, although we live in a day of confusion, we have a source of Truth that can be trusted. Read on and discover the “Simple Truth” from the pages of God’s Word.
1. God wants us to UNDERSTAND “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 “…there is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10
2. God wants us to KNOW that a penalty must be paid for sin. That payment is death. “For the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23a “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8
3. God wants us to SEE that His Son, Jesus Christ, chose to die and pay our penalty of death for us. “But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
4. God wants us to BELIEVE that we can be pardoned because of His grace.”Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1 ”For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8-9
5. Most of all, God wants us to RECEIVE His Son, Jesus Christ. “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life; and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13 Friend, wouldn’t you like to have eternal life today? Take time to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. Simply pray and ask him to save you.
Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I realize that because I am a sinner I deserve Hell. I’m sorry and repent of who I am. Please save me. I’m trusting You to forgive all of my sins. Thank You for dying on the cross for me. Thank you for giving me the gift of eternal life today, in Jesus’ name…Amen.